Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- The process assists in sperm-related infertility issues.
- It enhances the fertilization phase of In-Vitro Fertilization by means of injecting a single sperm into a mature egg, which is then planted into the uterus/fallopian tube.
- ICSI helps overcome severe male infertility, where little or no sperm is ejaculated in the semen.
- Patients also choose this technique if repeat in-vitro fertilization has been unsuccessful.
- It is also used by couples planning for checking certain genetic disorders through genetic testing of the embryo.